Monday, March 9, 2015

Diets Just Don't Work......Period! (Part 1)

Hello Everyone,

In the year 1991, when I was in the sixth grade in elementary school, I began to feel self conscious about my appearance. Everyday at lunch while all the other kids had their regular food on their plates, I only had one thing on my plate. For example, I would just have a slice of pizza on my plate and that is it. No vegetables, no bread, no fruit, nothing. Just pizza and maybe milk.

My teacher would always ask me why do I only have one thing on my plate and I would tell him that I'm trying to lose weight or I'm watching my weight. I would never tell my parents that I only ate one thing at lunch, even though they knew I was trying to lose weight. They knew that I was trying to lose weight, they just didn't like how I was doing it. While I was doing this to myself, they was trying to make me eat more than one thing for a meal. It was like I was trying to practically starve myself.

I would always restrict myself from eating more than one thing per meal because in my mind, I felt if I ate more than one piece of food per meal, I felt that I would gain my weight back immediately. I continued this habit through the summer. Of course, I loss a lot of weight, quickly. I shrunk from a size 16 to almost a size 10. By the time I was thin (when people said I was), I thought I was still fat (in my opinion). By the time I was thin and in middle school, I felt that it was safe for me to eat normal again. When I went back to eating what I wanted to eat, I became overweight again.

No comments:

Post a Comment